Suggest a purchase through the reserved area "Library Card" on Primo
Subscribing to the library now allows you to access an online acquisition request service, using the access credentials to your private "Library Card" area which are delivered when the card is issued.
The procedure is simple.
- The "Purchase request" option is available on the top panel of the catalog page: select it.
- Authenticate yourself with your username and password (username = email address declared during registration, password = the eight digits on your card).
- Once connected, you have access to an application form. Filling in some fields is mandatory.
If you don't have the exact information, you can enter "Unknown" in the corresponding field.
The "Requesting note" field allows you to initiate a dialogue with the library's acquisitions team.
- Finally select « Send request »
- At any time, you can find your request and follow its progress: pending ("under review"), approved or rejected.
If your request is approved, a provisional bibliographic notice is generated in the catalogue: you can access it by selecting the required title, and you can follow all the stages of the order, until the book is available on the shelf.
There is always the possibility to cancel your request as long as it is « In review ».
- In any case, you will receive an e-mail at the address specified during registration, which will notify you if your application has been accepted or rejected.
The EFR's library is open from Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m,
on Saturday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Holidays and closing days 2023
Library card registration service is open from Monday to Friday, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Life in the library
Farnese worksite: works on the Via del Mascherone side
The restoration of the facades and roofs of Palazzo Farnese is progressing: works on the Via del Mascherone side have begun. Noise disturbances are to be expected, as well as the unavailability of certain collections until June 2023.
Call numbers located in the Galerie du Chiffre (normally available on request) and in the Study Gallery, on the Via del Mascherone side, are unavailable. A selection of volumes has been moved to allow consultation.
See the list of call numbers concerned and the plan of temporary locations.
We remind you that it is forbidden to eat and drink inside the Library. The terrace is at your disposal.
Photos are submitted to authorization.
A brand new bouquet of journals on social sciences is now available between our electronic ressources on Torrossa plateform, accessible through our catalogue. See the list.
Explore our latest acquisitions on display
See the rooms and their collections on the plans of the library.
Piazza Farnese, 67
Tel: +39 06 68 60 13 30