The École française de Rome (EFR) is a public scientific, cultural and professional establishment (EPSCP), placed under the supervision of the Ministry of National Education, Higher Education and Research.
It is one of the five Écoles françaises à l’étranger, EFE, (French Schools Abroad) governed by the decree "n° 2011-164 du 10 février 2011" (modified with the decree n° 2021-146 du 10 février 2021) which strengthens the autonomy and governance of each of the EFEs.
Established in Italy since 1875, the École française de Rome has its headquarters in Rome and develops research in Italy, the Maghreb and south-eastern European countries close to the Adriatic Sea. The programme follows archaeology, history and other human and social sciences, from prehistory to the present day. It has legal status and pedagogical, scientific, administrative and financial autonomy, according to Book VII of the Education Code.
The school pursues research, doctoral training and the promotion and development of its research. To do this, the EFR pays particular attention to the principle of an integrated rigorous scientific approach, adhering to the Charte nationale de déontologie des métiers de la recherche (2015) (national charter of professional conduct for research professions) and ensuring its staff and researchers are aware of it.
The School's research programmes are defined in the contrat pluriannuel de développement 2017-2021. This is thus a continuation of the previous contrat during which the network of Écoles françaises à l’étranger, EFE, (French Schools Abroad) took on an official form in 2015 with the creation of a committee of directors and the opening in 2016 of a commom website. In addition, the EFR will continue to take advantage of the momentum of recent years, with the creation of an open school, in the heart of the city, in touch with the major questions of society, with the aim of disseminating the results of specialised research to the wider public.
- Décret n° 2011-164 du 10 février 2011 (modifié par le décret n° 2021-146 du 10 février 2021, portant diverses dispositions relatives aux Écoles françaises à l’étranger)
- Charte nationale de déontologie des métiers de la recherche
- Contrat pluriannuel de développement 2017-2021
Voir également :
- Charte de signature et de signalement des productions scientifiques
- Charte informatique
- Égalité professionnelle
Page mise à jour le 23/03/2022
- Contrat pluriannuel de développement 2012-2016 within the context of the renewal of the statutory decree common to the five Écoles françaises à l’étranger (French Schools Abroad) in 2011.