The following individuals can enroll in the EFR Library:
- Enrolled by right: members and scholarship students;
- Professors and researchers;
- Partners of EFR programmes;
- Former members, scholarship students and staff;
- Master's students (French University only);
- Others (at least PhD students).
Documents required for registration and renewal:
For people who wish to enroll in the Library, or who no longer have a card, access to Palazzo Farnese is only possible with the prior agreement of the library manager. An email must, imperatively, be sent to both the addresses bibliotheque.direction(at)efrome.it and accueil.bibliotheque(at)efrome.it at least one week before the required date of registration. The request must include the scan of the following documents:
- Valid ID;
- Registration form (in french);
- For professors, researchers, doctoral graduates : copy of PhD diploma and, if possible, professional card;
- University enrollment certificate according to the category of students;
- Letter of introduction from the research director for students enrolled in the doctoral or postgraduate school course, or in the Master's course (in the latter case, only students enrolled at a French university are interested).
To renew the library card, only the following documents are required, and must be sent to the same e-mail addresses (again, at least one week before the required date):
- Valid ID;
- Registration form (in french).
The required date of registration or renewal (day and time) should be precisely indicated on the application form sent to both the addresses bibliotheque.direction(at)efrome.it and accueil.bibliotheque(at)efrome.it. It is possible to register at the Library from Monday to Friday, from 9am to 5pm.
An application is not valid as a membership registration. Applicants must wait for the Library to reply to their request before coming to the Palazzo Farnese.
We invite you to consult the page Get to the Library to know more about the access to the library.
Registration and renewal fees
- 30 euros for 12 full months
- 10 euros for one month
- Free entry for a period not exceeding one week
See the Library's fees in detail (French version)
Registration and renewal service opening times
Monday – Friday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Latest update 2022/08/31
Life in the library
Farnese worksite: works on the Via del Mascherone side
The restoration of the facades and roofs of Palazzo Farnese is progressing: works on the Via del Mascherone side have begun. Noise disturbances are to be expected, as well as the unavailability of certain collections until June 2023.
Call numbers located in the Galerie du Chiffre (normally available on request) and in the Study Gallery, on the Via del Mascherone side, are unavailable. A selection of volumes has been moved to allow consultation.
See the list of call numbers concerned and the plan of temporary locations.
We remind you that it is forbidden to eat and drink inside the Library. The terrace is at your disposal.
Photos are submitted to authorization.
A brand new bouquet of journals on social sciences is now available between our electronic ressources on Torrossa plateform, accessible through our catalogue. See the list.
Explore our latest acquisitions on display
See the rooms and their collections on the plans of the library.
The EFR's library is open from Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m,
on Saturday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Holidays and closing days 2023
Library card registration service is open from Monday to Friday, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Piazza Farnese, 67
Tel: +39 06 68 60 13 30